Tuesday 15 November 2011

You'll never guess: Where I do my business.....

I have been tagged by ReluctHousedad for this 'Through The Keyhole' style meme, originally from TheBoyandMe, and which simply asks bloggers 'where are you when you write your incredible/amazing/inspirational/entertaining (*delete as appropriate) words?'.

Having deleted all of the above categories, and left just the /'s, I will now reveal my magical place of work, where my Family Food blog happens, as does our photography editing.







Yes, it's the bedroom. And controversially, I don't have a chair. All photo editing, emailing, blogging is done in this spot right here. Chairless (but fully clothed, most of the time).

Why no chair? The cupboard is too high- yes you can see correctly, my workspace is the main bedroom, the computer lives on a chest of drawers, and the loo is just to the left. I should say en-suite but they don't talk like that in Birmingham.

The computer screen is rather large, yes, and it is not showboating, I promise- I need it like this to edit photographs. It's a bugger taking out blemishes from a teeny screen.  The pink netting hanging to the left is from a fancy-dress fairy costume belonging to my 4-yr old daughter. The toy box to the left of that is to hide the mess of the thousand plugs and wires.

I have contemplated having an office- but that would mean losing the spare room/ a child's bedroom/ the playroom. And my Other Half has capitalised the study downstairs (quite rightly, our main source of income happens there).

There is a nice view out of the window (if I crane my head around to the right at the window) stretching out six miles to The Quantock Hills. There are often cows in the field, and a beautiful mist hangs over the fields at dawn. The view of the sunset is spectacular. Unfortunately the bulk of my work is done in the evening, and with it being winter I can't actually see this most of the time :(



Now time to pass on the baton- I would love to know where the following posters work from:

@alysonsblog

@motivatingmumuk

@TomBriggs79

@TheCurryGuy

3 comments:

  1. So that's where the real action goes on too :)
    Keith (RHD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have blogged a lot from my bed too its nice and comfy!! Just have to mind i dont get too comfy and doze off!! Nice to see your view from where you do your business x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know, bizarrely- I actually stand up in front of the screen and edit from there- I think I would definitely fall asleep in the bed. My OH sits on the bed- maybe I should sit next to him. On second thoughts,last time we were that close, in 2008, the result was a bigger family haha

    ReplyDelete